A “Server Busy” prompt may be received in any of the following cases:
- An object is added to the layout window.
- When a model is saved.
- When a model is simulated.
The prompt is displayed if the application does not receive communication between translation modules within the expected time frame. This is often caused by the use of imported graphics which take a longer time to translate, It could also occur if the model is extremely large or if your computer is low on memory.
This is not an error condition. It is just a warning. So you should be able to click Switch To and continue your work.
The solution is a result of fixing several of the items listed under the Reason.
- If the model uses graphics that are other than WMF or EMF, these graphics should be replaced.
- If the model is very large and complex, sections should be removed from the main model and placed into submodels.
- If the computer has limited RAM for the OS and programs in memory, then the RAM should be increased.
- If non-required programs are active in RAM, the unneeded programs should be “killed” and removed from the startup procedure.