If you need to decrease processing time based on the number of entities waiting to be processed (e.g. customers waiting in line).
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Time \ Decreasing Based on Load
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open your model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into your model: Locate the model object Decreasing Based on Load and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Update Objects: Change the Default value of each percentage parameter to the average percent that your workers will increase their speed with 5 people in line or 10 people in line. The value you enter represents a percentage multiplication factor. For example, if you enter a value of 50, the time will end up being multiplied by .5, or 50%. 10. Adjust the distribution which assigns a value to v_Time in the first line of the Process1 activity’s action logic to meet your allowed time values.The processing time for each entity is determined in Process1’s action logic. Therefore the Time field on the General tab is set to 0. Otherwise you would execute both times for each entity.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Time: Do not change. The processing time for each entity.
- v_Counter: Do not change. The number of entities (e.g. people) in line.
- s_Percent5: User input required. This is how much faster the employee will work with 5 people in line s_Percent10 = This is how much faster the employee will work with 10 people in line