When you need to track the hour of the day (24 hours/day) and the day of the week instead of just relying on the “straight run time” the simulation clock displays.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Time \ Hour of Day, Day of Week Trigger
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open your model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into your model: Locate the model object Hour of Day, Day of Week Trigger and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
Note: This model object provides the variables you can test throughout your model’s action logic which must be based on a 24 hour clock and 7 day week. Because of the continuous While…Do loop in the “Hour and Day Counter” activity, this Model Object uses a one-time Periodic Arrival which only processes a single entity for the entire simulation.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- v_DayOfWeek: Do not change. Which day of the week it is (Monday = 1).
- v_Hour: Do not change. Hour of the day (24 hour clock).