We’re Having a Process Improvement Party and You’re InvitedUpdate: This is no longer the latest version of ProcessModel, see the changelog for information on the latest software.
We are excited because Process Simulation, Process Analysis and Process Improvement just became easier with the release of ProcessModel version 5.5. Changes to the product streamline the way Process Improvement is accomplished. Faster, easier capture of as-is processes means existing system can simulated and tested in record time. Because the process modeling is easier, more people can take advantage of process simulation. We think this is a reason to celebrate.
Industry Specific Installs
See more of what is important to you and less of everything else. Industry specific installs provide example models, model objects and icon palettes that are specific to your industry. If your industry is Healthcare, then you will see model segments for hospital arrivals, triage, treatment, fast track, admitting, discharge, etc. You will see icons that help you quickly make your point with management. You will see actual models with explanations. What you won’t see is conveyors, manufacturing icons or container trucks. If your industry is Manufacturing, then you don’t have to filter through doctors, nurses and icons of urine samples. Well, you get the point.
No more changing serial numbers or waiting to get a license. You can get a license anytime of the day or night in about 20 seconds. All you have to do is enter your email address and ProcessModel will automatically license. Transfers of licenses can be completed in a snap. Once you have supplied the proper information you can license or transfer a license whenever you want. We thought automatic licensing would be a great process improvement for you. And yes, you can still license manually if needed.
Process Simulation File Management
You no longer have to save packages to move or store your model. ProcessModel uses a single common file format to speed model development and protect your process improvement data. All files will work with version 5.3 and older files can be loaded into version 5.5. Backups are automatically captured and there is a quick method to recover backups. Read more…
Process Simulation Templates Read in Data
Have you ever wanted to build an interface for ProcessModel? How about wanting to populate a model from an outside file? You could build a complete interface in Excel or read in thousands of arrivals in just seconds. It is all possible with version 5.5 and easy FDI templates. Read more…
Model Objects at Your Fingertips
Have you ever run into a problem that was difficult to model? Have you ever wished you had a personal tutor for ProcessModel or could take advantage of a great moder’s skill? Well, now you can and now you do. Sections of models, specifically designed for your industry, have been captured in what we call model objects. These are pieces of models are that can be put together, similar to building blocks, but for process simulation. Model objects will save you a ton of time, increase the quality of your model and allow you model way above your skill level. These model objects can be accessed from the tool bar. Read more…
New Model Objects for Process Improvement
When you download a new model object it is just like getting a new feature in ProcessModel. You just don’t have to call IT to update your software. Model objects allow you to model the “really difficult stuff.” For example, one model object takes date and time stamps from historical records and turn them into the code to represent arrivals… a process that would take me about 4 hours of analysis. Another model object creates the flow and logic to model any size job shop. There are many other powerful model objects. Read more…
Automatic Updates for Model Objects
If New Model Objects have been released and you select “Check for Updates” your current model objects will be reviewed. If a newer version of an existing model object is available, or if a completely new one has been created, you will be notified of the availability. When you download new model objects, new categories will automatically add. These categories make it easier to find ready-to-use segments of models.
New Toolbar for Speedy Access
The number of mouse-clicks required has been reduced to one when a simulation is started and model objects are all at your fingertips. Read more…
Graph Formatting Saved When the Model Name Changes
Now you can change the name of the model and not worry about loosing the graph and chart formatting. Read more…
Now you can give a model to a complete stranger and still get your point across. Models can be narrated with pictures, voice recording or even a video. You could include a presentation with complete instructions on how to use your model. Read more…
Scores of new icons are included for manufacturing, service, healthcare, logistics and military applications. Icons help you to make your points faster and with greater comprehension
You have probably observed “there many ways to develop a process simulation.” All these possible combinations can lead to some extraordinary errors. We identified the highest probability errors and develop helps to solve the problem so you can create your process simulation in record time. Read more…
Well, that is just some of the 200 changes to ProcessModel. There has been a huge effort in developing and testing version 5.5. We hope you like it. Come celebrate with us and we will help make your process improvement projects an enormous success.
New Features & Fixes Detailed
- Model Objects at Your Fingertips – Model objects (MO) reduce the time to perform a process improvement project and increase simulation project quality. Think of MO as building blocks for your process improvement project. MO are pre-built segments of models that snap together and solve difficult simulation
modeling problems. MO are now easier to find with advanced searching capabilities on the main toolbar.You will be notified when MO are out of date or new ones are available. You choose when to download new MO.
- Paste Model Objects at the Point of the Cursor – Model objects are now integrated exactly where you put the cursor. No more guessing or centering the layout to insert a model object. Simply point and click.
- Automatic Updates – ProcessModel will tell you when your software is out of date. Automatic update will provide you with the latest and greatest software.
- Industry Specific Install – See more of what is important to you and less of everything else. Industry specific installs provide example models, model objects and palettes that are specific to your industry.
- Output Graphs Save with New Model Name – When the model name is changed, graphs and charts associated with the previous name are saved along with the new name.
- File Saving and Installation – ProcessModel saves all models as a simulation package (.SPG which stands for “simulation package”). All the files necessary to make a model run and all other attached files are automatically included in this package. Now, the file that you save is the file that is sent to another person. On open, the package rewrites linking paths so that your model runs and links to all attached files.
- Backups and General Management – Automatic backups save the last three versions of your model. Each time a new backup is saved a number that is added to the end of the model name is incremented. If some unforeseen problem occurs you will have backups at the frequency that you set.
- Package Dialog Only Shows When a File is Missing – In the past, when a simulation package was created, a package dialog would appear showing all the files included in the package. Now, the dialog will only show when a file is missing (was deleted, moved or renamed). This allows faster, seamless saving of models.