There are 4 main reasons, that we’ve found, that will keep your project from succeeding. It’s important to identify potential hurdles before you even begin, so we’ve done the homework for you.
Last Year 60% Of Process Improvement Projects Failed.
Why Your Project Wont Suffer The Same Fate With ProcessModel.
- Failing to look at the process as a whole.
- When a problem is found in the system it is a natural response to try and fix that one problem without changing anything else, but here in lies the problem; you have no way of knowing how those changes will affect the rest of the system.
- Drowning in information.
- It is not that there is not enough data to improve a process, but rather that there is so much information needed to really understand the process. People can’t keep track of all the data and how it interacts.
- Spreadsheets, flowcharts and value-stream maps fail to represent vital timing found in your processes.
- If you can’t represent the variability of your system you will make some very bad decisions about how the system will perform with changes.
- No matter how good your ideas are; they will never be used unless you can convince someone else that they will actually work.
Keep reading to learn how ProcessModel simulation can help you avoid these problems.
ProcessModel has the ability to go beyond what other process improvement methodologies provide. ProcessModel is able to model not just one part of your system but the whole system so that when a change is made we can track the effect it has throughout the entire process. Our software allows you to watch the flow of your company’s processes without limiting you to gathering data in real time. ProcessModel allows you to gather data for a week in seconds. This modeling ability also allows for changes to be implemented in confidence, you won’t have any doubt.
In addition to looking at the whole process, ProcessModel allows you to manage massive amounts of information that doesn’t make sense on it’s own. ProcessModel has features built in to manage that data and how it interrelates with other data in the process.
Variabilities are summarized or overlooked in most systems causing dramatic reduction in accuracy. These variablities could be the specific time a process happens during the day or even the variability that occurs with repetitive tasks. When we look at systems we generally are looking at the average which doesn’t reliably predict the actual flow of your company. The capabilities of ProcessModel can be utilized to represent not only the tasks performed but the time required to do so. In ProcessModel these variabilities can be accounted for, giving you the most realistic representation of your process.
No matter how good your idea is you still have to sell it. The problem is that most processes are complex and people cannot see how the idea will work. With ProcessModel you can show them the real problem and how your proposed solution fixes that problem, leaving no room for question.
ProcessModel is used by thousands of companies around the world to solve real processing problems with success rates for improvement well over 99.95% ok, maybe not that good but seriously, over 60%. If you haven’t taken the steps to process improvement yet, start today! If you have we’d love to hear your success story in the comments below
Leave us your information in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you.