An entity attribute is assigned a different value or descriptor based on a random percentage. This applies to both predefined attributes such as Cost and user-defined attributes that are defined in the Attributes & Variables dialog under the Insert menu.
- Define the entity attribute.
- Assign a value or descriptor to the attribute in Action logic using the user-defined distribution function. For example: Color = D2(30, red, 70, blue)
Example: Eighty percent of the time an insurance claim form is for personal injury and 20% of the time for property damage.
TO DO: Define the descriptive attribute called Type in the Attributes & Variables dialog under the Insert menu with PER and PROP as descriptors. Enter the Action logic as shown above in the arrival’s Action logic tab.
Related to Entity
- What is an Entity?
- What is Entity Cost?
- How do I change Activity Time based on Entity Attribute?
- How do I Change Activity Time Based on Recurring Entity Passes?
- How do I Divide an Entity?
- How do I Renege an Entity?
- How do I Tracking Entity Conditions?
- How do I Change Entity Graphics During Simulation?
- How do I Import Entity Graphics?
- Why am I Getting Entity Arrival Failures at the End of Simulation?
- Why am I Getting Entity Exits System Before Releasing all Captured Resources?