A single entity is split or divided up into two or more entities.
- From the activity where the entity is divided, connect one or more Create routings, each specifying the quantity of entities to create for that particular new entity.
- Don’t create any other output routing connections for the original entity to take. This causes the original entity to exit the system.
Example: A company receives telephone orders from which an invoice and a shipping request are generated. The invoice and shipping request continue on through the model, but the call is ended at the Take Order activity.
TO DO: Create entity graphics for both of the new entities. Change both routings from the Take Order activity to Create routings with the Created entity name: entered as shown above.
Related to Entity
- What is an Entity?
- What is Entity Cost?
- How do I change Activity Time based on Entity Attribute?
- How do I Change Activity Time Based on Recurring Entity Passes?
- How do I Randomly Assign Entity Attribute Values?
- How do I Renege an Entity?
- How do I Tracking Entity Conditions?
- How do I Change Entity Graphics During Simulation?
- How do I Import Entity Graphics?
- Why am I Getting Entity Arrival Failures at the End of Simulation?
- Why am I Getting Entity Exits System Before Releasing all Captured Resources?