When you need to allow reject rates unique to the product being processed. This model object integrates with High Volume Arrivals and works in conjunction with boxing and palletizing model objects to adjust quantities used to complete last box and/or pallet.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- High Volume Production \ High Volume Inspection
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object High Volume Inspection and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Create a percentage route from your model where you want the rejects to happen, to Product Inspection1.
- Connect the route exiting from Product Inspection1 to the rest of your model.If your model has a second or a third place where rejects happen copy/paste the Product Inspection1, the two route, and Rmv Rjc1 to add more places for reject.
- Update Action Logic
- Change the reject distributions in Product Inspection1 to match your models rejects.If you have added additional reject areas by copy /pasting Product Inspection1, you should also change the reject distributions in those activities to match your models rejects.
- Define Values
- Define the values for attribute a_ItemOrderQty, and a_IntItemCode based on the information provided under the heading Attributes below. The values must be provided before simulating the model. The values must be provided before an entity enters Product Inspection1.
- Update Objects: Change the names of Product Inspection1 and any other reject areas that were copy / pasted to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_ItemOrderQty: Defined via the scheduled arrivals, the number of items that need to be ordered. Must be provided by the user via the scheduled arrival for the Initialize entity.
- a_IntItemCode: Defined via the scheduled arrivals, the value for this should change for every unique arrival, starting from 1 and then incrementing by 1. Must be provided by the user via the scheduled arrival for the Initializer entity. If there is only 1 type of item moving forward the value for this should be set to 1.
- a_ItemsPerBox: Defined via the scheduled arrivals. This attribute is used to provide the items to pack in a box. Must be defined by the user.
- a_Dir: Determines the initializer entity direction. Must not be changed by the user.
- a_CreateQty: Determines the quantity that needs to be created. Must not be changed by the user.
- a_RemainderQty: Used to calculate the leftover quantity to add to the last box.
- v_IntCounter1: Counter used internally for managing which item code to run. Must not be changed by the user.
- v_ItemRejectQty#: Reject quantity counter for item 1. In the model object the rejects happen at ‘Product Weigh’ and ‘Tamper Seal Check’, user can change the names of the activities to suit their modeling scenario, the activity ‘Product Weigh’ must always be the first reject place as it has different code then ‘Tamper Seal Check’, if there are more than two places where rejects happen then the activity ‘Tamper Seal Check’ can be copy/pasted. If there are no rejects in the system both the activities can be deleted.
- v_ItemCodeCounter1: Item code counter to check for the IntItemCode and send relevant items forward. Must not be changed by the user.
- v_GateCounterItems1: Gate to count how many items are sent forward to boxing. Must not be changed by the user.
- v_TotalItemsSentForBoxing1: Counts the total item that have been sent for boxing. Must not be changed by the user.
- v_BoxBatchSize1: Stores the value of the current batch size. Must not be changed by the user.
- v_TotalBoxesPacked#: Counts total boxes packed. Must not be changed by the user.