When there is both and Inbound and outbound inspection of tractor trailers, and to tie into other port simulation model objects.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Truck In and Out Gate
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Truck In and Out Gate and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect an arrival route or a percentage route from the part of your model where you would like the entities to enter the Stagging.
- Connect exit routes from Inspection Station #, or Enter Facility to the rest of your model.
- Connect a percentage route from your model to Outbound Staging.Change the time defined on exit route(s) from staging to Inspection Queue(s).
- Define Values: Define the values for scenario parameters s_Security_Level, s_Mix, s_Station_Queue_Size, s_Level#_Type#, s_TEU, s_Destination based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided before the simulation start.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Inspection_Time: Do not change. The inspection time each entity (Truck) will take.
- a_Type: Do not change. Used to carry the descriptive values for Type1, Type2, & Type3.
- a_Dir_Number: Do not change. Used to tell entities to which inspection lane they will go.
- v_Sta_Open#: User input required. The number of inbound inspection stations that are at each hour of the day.
- v_CntSt#: Do not change. WIP in Line #.
- v_IQS: Do not change. Size of the queue in front of each inspection station. This is set by the scenario parameter s_Station_Queue_Size.
- s_Security_Level: User input required. The level of security the Type1, Type2, or Type3 is working in.
- s_Mix: User input required. Is used create a mix (distribution) of what type of entities (Type3, Type2s, Type1s, etc) arrive at the inspection queue. Type can be used for a variety of reasons. For example: Type1 could be a semi without intermodal container; Type 2 could be a semi with an intermodal and Type 3 could be a bulk load inspection time. The three different levels shown below would be a change in inspection time based on the level of security for all three type of loads.
- s_Station_Queue_Size: User input required. How large the queue may allowed to be in front of the inspection station.
- s_Level#_Type#: User input required. Time required by level # Type# to pass the inspection.
- s_TEU: User input required. Twenty foot equivalent unit. Used to tell how many TEU are in each load.
- s_Destination: User input required. A numeric destination code. Set up a conversion table in spreadsheet which provides the meaning for each numeric entry.