When you need to route entities based on a user defined or system related condition, or multiple conditions.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Routings \ Simple Conditional Routes
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Simple Conditional Routes and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect an arrival route or a percentage route from the part of your model where you would like the entities to follow a condition, to Determine Route.
- Connect the routes exiting Determine Route to the rest of your model.
- Update Objects: Modify the action logic in Determine Route to meet your conditional requirements.
This model object uses a simple distribution in the action logic of “Determine Route” to assign a route number. But you can use whatever logic is needed to determine which route to select. It could be anything from a simple calculation to a complex boolean expression based on a variety of criteria.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Direction: Do not change. A number associated with a specific route or location.