When you need to select the next available location in a round robin fashion, based on the last activity used and which location is currently available.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Routings \ Round Robin Alternates
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Round Robin Alternates and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Update Objects
- Change each activity time to match your activity times.
- If you need to modify activity names (Stations), or the number of activities used, you will need to make the corresponding changes to the action logic in the “Determine Next Location” activity.
Typical alternate routes have a priority in the order in which they are connected. This model object functions differently in that it determines the next activity to route to on a last used basis. For example, if Station1 was the last used activity, then Station2 is used next (if it is available). If Station3 was last used, then Station4 is used next (if it is available).
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_OK: Do not change. Flag to exit the While … Do loop in “Determine Next Location”, 0 = don’t exit, 1 = exit.
- a_Route: Do not change. Corresponds to the Station number to route to.
- v_Previous: Do not change. The last route (or Station) that was used