When you need to pull the highest priority items out of the waiting area first, to report the number of entities that have exceeded a predefined time limit for being in a user defined area of the model, and to show the stats on the screen.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Over Time Threshold Report
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Over Time Threshold Report and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect the arrival route to an entity in your model.
- Click on the arrival route, and change the entity arrival pattern to your situation. If you decide to use your own arrival route, copy the action logic from the arrival route and paste it into the arrival route you have chose for this scenario.
- Connect the exit route from Process to the Waiting Queue. If you decide to remove the Process, copy the action logic from its exit route and paste it into the entry route of Waiting Queue
- Connect the percentage route that exits from Process4 and connect it to the rest of your model. If you decide not to use the Process4, then copy the action logic that is in the exit route of Process4, and paste it where you require the resources to be set free.
- Define Values
- Modify / Update the attribute a_Priority in the arrival route to define the priority of an entity.
- Modify the scenario parameters s_LoopDelay1 and s_OverLimit_Hrs