When you need to handle the complexity of nurses monitoring multiple patients. To have different monitoring and recovery periods for the Recovery and/or Bed Rest. To make certain that Recovery and/or Bed Rest times are not dependent on nurse’s meeting monitoring periods. This article deals with both Out Patient Monitoring – One Stage and Out Patient Monitoring – Two Stage model objects.
One Stage — Two Stage
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Post OP \ Out Patient Monitoring – One/Two Stage
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Out Patient Monitoring – One/Two Stage and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Move the model object so that is positioned appropriately to match with your model.
- Connect an arrival route or a percentage route from the part of your model where you would like the patients to enter the Transport To Recovery.
- Create a percentage route from Discharge to your discharge or admission.
- Update Objects
- In the action logic of Transport To Recovery change the distribution for a_Patient to your requirements.If you are setting the a_Patitent via the arrival route you can remove the logic on line 2.
- In the action logic of Transport To Recovery change the attribute values for a_Vitals_Period_Recovery, a_RecoveryRoom_Time, a_Vitals_Period_BedRest, and a_BedRest_Time to your requirements.BedRest attributes will only be available with two stage.One Stage — Two Stage
- Update the name of the resources in action logic of Vitals Monitoring, if you change the resource name that is copied with the model.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Patient: Do not change. Is used to determine the patient type.
- a_Period_Remaining: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
- a_RecoveryRoom_Time: Do not change. Is used as time, in minutes, the patient needs to spend in the recovery room.
- a_Vitals_Period_Recovery: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
- a_BedRest_Time: Do not change. Is used as time, in minutes, the patient needs to spend in the Bed Rest room.
- a_Vitals_Period_BedRest: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
- v_ID1: Do not change. Used as a gate to stop the nurse from taking any more vitals at Recovery.
- v_ID2: Do not change. Used in two-stage as a gate to stop the nurse from taking any more vitals at Bed Rest.
- v_SubCost1: Do not change. Used to add the cost of Vitals Monitoring back to the patient on Discharge.