Reunite or join one or more entities to the entity from which they were previously created or detached.
1. Create one or more entities at one or more activities using the Create routing.
2. Reattach the created entities to the creating entity by using an Attach routing and selecting the Attach to: entity that created it in the properties dialog of the connection.
- If you desire, you may detach and reattach any reattached entity created originally by a Create routing.
Example: A loan application filled out by the customer is reviewed and a credit report is made. The application is then joined up with the Customer at the interview activity.
TO DO: Create the activities and routings as shown above, changing the connection types as indicated. Enter the entity name for the Create routing as indicated and select Attach to: entity that created it in the Attach routing.
- It is a good idea to set the input queue of the Interview activity high enough to handle entities that must wait to be matched with their credit application. This will prevent gridlock.
- Alternatively, you could have the originating entity pick up the created entity using the Pickup routing. See Picking Up Entities for more information.