When Will You Need This?
When you need to route entities based on a user defined or system related condition, or multiple conditions.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Routings \ Simple Conditional Routes.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Simple Conditional Routes and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
2. Connect the routes exiting Determine Route to the rest of your model.
4. Update Objects
1. Modify the action logic in Determine Route to meet your conditional requirements.
This model object uses a simple distribution in the action logic of “Determine Route” to assign a route number. But you can use whatever logic is needed to determine which route to select. It could be anything from a simple calculation to a complex boolean expression based on a variety of criteria.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Direction: Do not change. A number associated with a specific route or location.