When Will You Need This?
If you have a need to route entities by percentage that changes based on the entity name.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Routings \ Routing with Percentages Based on Name.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Routing with Percentages Based on Name and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
2. Connect the routes exiting from Decision to the rest of your model.
4. Update Objects
1. In the action logic of the Decision substitute the names of your entities for the predefined entities.
Change the entity names to match your model requirements If your model had three entities named “Call”, “Fax” and “Mail” then the Action Logic in the decision would need to change as follows: IF Name = Call Then a_Dir1 = D2(52,1,48,2) ELSE IF Name = Fax Then a_Dir1 = D2(27,1,73,2) ELSE IF Name = Mail Then a_Dir1 = D2(90,1,10,2)
2. In the action logic of the Decision change the percentages in the D2 distribution to match the percentages associated with your entities.
The percentage changes (in the D2 distributions) need to match your model requirements. Delete the logic that is unused or add additional logic to match your entity requirements.
3. Add or subtract action logic to match the entities in your model.
10. Change the name of Decision to match your model requirement.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Dir1: Do not change. Direction the ENTITY takes based on the percentage in the Action Logic.