When Will You Need This?
When you need to handle the complexity of nurses monitoring multiple patients. To have different monitoring and recovery periods for the Recovery and/or Bed Rest. To make certain that Recovery and/or Bed Rest times are not dependent on nurse’s meeting monitoring periods.
This article deals with both Out Patient Monitoring – One Stage and Out Patient Monitoring – Two Stage model objects.
One Stage — Two Stage
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Post OP \ Out Patient Monitoring – One/Two Stage.
Ease of Use: Moderate
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Out Patient Monitoring – One/Two Stage and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Move the model object so that is positioned appropriately to match with your model.
3. Create a percentage route from Discharge to your discharge or admission.
4. Update Objects
1. In the action logic of Transport To Recovery change the distribution for a_Patient to your requirements.
If you are setting the a_Patitent via the arrival route you can remove the logic on line 2.
2. In the action logic of Transport To Recovery change the attribute values for a_Vitals_Period_Recovery, a_RecoveryRoom_Time, a_Vitals_Period_BedRest, and a_BedRest_Time to your requirements.
BedRest attributes will only be available with two stage.
One Stage — Two Stage
3. Update the name of the resources in action logic of Vitals Monitoring, if you change the resource name that is copied with the model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Patient: Do not change. Is used to determine the patient type.
2. a_Period_Remaining: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
3. a_RecoveryRoom_Time: Do not change. Is used as time, in minutes, the patient needs to spend in the recovery room.
4. a_Vitals_Period_Recovery: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
5. a_BedRest_Time: Do not change. Is used as time, in minutes, the patient needs to spend in the Bed Rest room.
6. a_Vitals_Period_BedRest: Do not change. Is used to calculate the time left, in minutes, before the nurse is requested for taking vitals.
1. v_ID1: Do not change. Used as a gate to stop the nurse from taking any more vitals at Recovery.
2. v_ID2: Do not change. Used in two-stage as a gate to stop the nurse from taking any more vitals at Bed Rest.
3. v_SubCost1: Do not change. Used to add the cost of Vitals Monitoring back to the patient on Discharge.