When Will You Need This?
When you want to hold all entities in a location to be collected at the same time of the day.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Flow Control \ Hold in a Storage Until a Specific Day and Time.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Hold in a Storage Until a Specific Day and Time and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect a percentage route from your model, where entities need to be stored to Storage1.
2. Connect a percentage route from Storage1 to the rest of your model.
4. Update Trigger
The Storage1 has the action logic to wait until the value for variable v_Gate1 is 1. The default value for the variable v_Gate1 is 0. This means that entities will accumulate at Strage1 until the value of the variable v_Gate1 changes to 1.
The Open and Close Gate1 has the action logic to change the variable value for v_Gate1 to 1 and then back to 0.
1. Adjust the trigger arrival to match the day and time when you want to release the waiting entities. You can also choose between any entity arrival type you like.
You can copy and paste the model object multiple times if you need multiple hold locations and times. Just make sure to copy both the storage and the triggering mechanism together. The gate variable will be renamed each time you paste, ensuring the gates operate independently.
5. Update Objects
1. Change the name of Storage1 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_Gate1: A value of 1 means the gate is open, allowing entities to move past the gate in the storage a value of 0 means the gate is closed, holding all entities