When Will You Need This?
When you have a need to find the location with the shortest line of entities waiting to be processed.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Routings \ Find the Shortest Line.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Find the Shortest Line and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
2. Connect the routes exiting from Location1, Location2, and Location3 to the rest of your model.
This model object checks the contents of each activity and it’s input queue to determine which location is the least busy. Then conditional routes are used to route the incoming entity to the location with the least number of entities.
4. Update Objects
1. Change all the processing times for routes, Location1, Location2, and Location3.
2. Change the names of all the activities to match your organization.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Line: Do not change. The location number with the fewest entities.
1. v_Line#: Number of entities at Location#.
2. v_ShortestLine: Number of entities in the shortest line.