When Will You Need This?
When you need to to model the patient admit process in an emergency room.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: ED \ ED6_a Patient Admit.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
This model object is a part of a 8 model object Emergency Department series that can be accessed under the category ED.
2. ED2 Triage
7. ED6_a Patient Admit
This model object should be used in conjunction with other ED model object (ED Arrivals with Acuity, ED Triage, ED Discharge, ED Room Cleaning, ED Staffing Calculator, etc. to take advantage of predefined stats collection, routing attributes and built-in resources.)
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object ED6_a Patient Admit and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
In case you are combining ED models, move the cursor to the left of the black dot inserted with the last model object, then click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Create a percentage route between the start of your model and the black box arriving to this model object. In case you are combining ED models, use a percentage route to connect the black box (connected from the No route) from ED3_a Treatment with Fast Track or ED3_b Treatment with Fast Track Using Common Lab to the black box arriving in this model object.
This Model Object is best when used with other ED model objects Scenario Parameters
2. Create a percentage route from the black box (connected via No route from activity Will Patient be Admitted?) to the arrival black box at ED4_a Patient Discharge model object.
3. Create a percentage route from the black box (connected via the activity Patient Transported) to the arrival black box at ED5_a Room Cleaning model object.
4. Define Values
The are no values to change in this model object. All attribute values for patients can be changed using the model object ED1 Arrivals with Acuity.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
You should now be ready to add ED7_a Resource Optimizer model object.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Dir1: Used in this many parts of the model. In this model object it is used to identify if a patient when to the lounge.
2. a_VATime: Used to transfer stats when entities are created at “Move Patient to Lounge” and “ED Discharge”.
3. a_Acuity: Used in Arrival MO and Triage MO.
4. a_Rand: Used in Arrival MO.
5. a_Disposition: Used in several activities to identify what time will be used (m_TR, m_ER, m_FT).
6. a_CycleStart: Used to transfer stats when entities are created at “Patient Transported”.
7. a_VATime: Used to transfer stats when entities are created at “Patient Transported”.
8. a_MD_Asmt_in: Captures time into first contact with Doctor in Treatment MO.
1. v_Doc_to_Admit: Captures the time from first seeing the doctor to Admission into the hospital.
2. v_Door_to_Admit: Captures the time from first entering the ED to Admission into the hospital.