When Will You Need This?
When you need to hold room in the ED to account for the cleaning process and to collect additional statistics as to when rooms are waiting for the cleaning process.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: ED \ ED5_a Room Cleaning.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
This model object is a part of a 8 model object Emergency Department series that can be accessed under the category ED.
2. ED2 Triage
6. ED5_a Room Cleaning
This model object should be used in conjunction with other ED model object (ED Arrivals with Acuity, ED Triage, ED Discharge, ED Room Cleaning, ED Staffing Calculator, etc. to take advantage of predefined stats collection, routing attributes and built-in resources.)
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object ED5_a Room Cleaning and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
In case you are combining ED models, move the cursor to the left of the black dot inserted with the last model object, then click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Create a percentage route between the start of your model and the black box arriving to this model object. In case you are combining ED models, use a percentage route to connect the black box from ED4_a Patient Discharge to the black box arriving in this model object.
This Model Object is best when used with other ED model objects Scenario Parameters
4. Define Values
Change the scenario parameter values based on the Scenario Parameters information provided at the end.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
You should now be ready to add ED6_a Patient Admit model object.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Acuity: Used in the ED Arrival, Triage, and Treatment Model objects.
2. a_Rand: Used in the Arrival Model object to hold a random number.
3. a_Disposition: Identifies the major grouping the entity will be placed in (Fast Track, Normal ER or Trauma).
4. a_Clean_Room_in: Time stamps the entity when a room is marked needing cleaning.
1. v_Wait_for_Cleaning: Used to report statistics if the waiting time before clearing starts but after the room was marked for cleaning.
1. s_Numb_Env_Services: Defines the number of personnel required for ED cleaning.
2. s_FT_Clean_Time: Defines the time or distribution used to describe the cleaning time of a Fast Track room.
3. s_ER_Clean_Time: Defines the time or distribution used to describe the cleaning time of a ER normal room.
4. s_TR_Clean_Time: Defines the time or distribution used to describe the cleaning time of a Trauma Unit.