When Will You Need This?
When you need to to calculate SLA even if the entities are still in the model and to report entities achieving or not achieving SLA time. For example, in one company, time used in the calculation of the SLA is accumulated during the hours between 8AM and 5PM, on Monday thru Friday. Time accumulating after 5PM or on weekends will not be counted in the calculation of the SLA. The user adjusts what time is counted for SLA calculations by adjusting the shift assigned to the Work Hours Clock activity.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Reporting \ Calculate SLA in Hours.
Ease of Use: Moderate
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Calculate SLA in Hours and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect entity arrivals from your model to SLA Start.
2. Disconnect the red percentage route arriving to Your Model Flow and connect it to your actual model where entities need to arrive.
3. Disconnect the red percentage route exiting from Your Model Flow and connect it to the end of your model.
4. Remove the activity Your Model Flow.
4. Update Shifts
1. Edit the shift file connected to Work Hours Clock Activity to match your scenario’s shift.
Do not use a 24/7 shift. If your scenario requires the SLA to be calculated 24/7, simply remove the shift file.
4. Define Values
1. Define the values for scenario parameters p_ClockResolution, and p_SLA_Requirement_Hour based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided to each entity before the simulation start.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_SLA_CycleStart: Do not change. Is used to calculate start time for the entity.
1. v_SLA_Clock_Hour: Do not change. Is used to calculate the SLA clock time.
2. v_SLA_EntityCnt: Do not change. Is used to count the entities that have exited the simulation and for whom SLA has been calculated.
3. v_SLA_Failure_Cnt: Do not change. Is used to count the entities that have exited the simulation and have failed SLA.
4. v_SLA_Pass_Cnt: Do not change. Is used to count the entities that have exited the simulation and have passed SLA.
5. v_SLA_Per_Achieving: Do not change. Is used to count the percentage of of total entities that achieved SLA.
6. v_Time: Do not change. Is used to calculate average SLA time.
1. p_ClockResolution: User input required. Is used to define the clock resolution time in decimal hours. Default is is to .1 decimal hours.
2. p_SLA_Requirement_Hour: User input required. Is used to define SLA time in hours.