When Will You Need This?
When you have a variety entities which all require unique setup times and/or different processing times.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Setup \ Add Setup Time for Unique Entity Types.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Add Setup Time for Unique Entity Types and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
2. Connect the percentage route leaving Process1 to the rest of your model.
4. Define Values
1. Since you will most likely already have your own arrival routes setup in your model, the arrival routes used in this model object are not included when you insert it into your model. Therefore, you will need to assign the attributes used here in your arrival route’s action logic. In each arrival, assign the attributes for setup time and processing time at each activity that will have a setup. For example; a_Setup_Time1 = 14.9 a_Proces_Time1 = 2
2. Define the activities where entity specific processing time is required, enter the attribute name for each processing time (e.g. a_Process_Time1, or a_Process_Time2, etc.) in the Time field on the activity’s General tab. Based on the information provided under the heading Attributes below.
5. Update Objects
1. Change the names of Process1 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Setup_Time[#]: The value indicating how long it will take to setup the activity for each specific entity type at the corresponding activity. If you have five activities requiring setups then five setup time attributes will be assigned.
2. a_Process_Time[#]: The value indicating how long an entity will be processed at the corresponding activity.
1. v_Type[#]: A temporary variable to track the type of entity being processed. When a different type of entity (an entity having a different name) arrives at the activity containing this variable assignment, a setup is invoked and the variable is assigned the new entity name.