When you need to change the routing percentages with each pass through a looping section of your model. Also see Vary Pass Fail Percentages with Possibility of Scrap
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Inspection \ Vary Pass Fail Percentages Each Time Through Loop
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Vary Pass Fail Percentages Each Time Through Loop and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Create a percentage route from the location in your model where you want the inspection to occur to Pass Inspection?.
- Connect the No route from Pass Inspection? to the rework area in your model.
- Connect the Yes route from Pass Inspection? to the rest of your model.
- Update Action Logic: Modify the D2 distributions in the action logic located in Pass Inspection.
Each time the same entity enters the Pass Inspection decision, the chance of success increases. The current settings give the following results: Pass number 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 have a percent successful of 50%, 75%, 90%, 95%, and 100%. The “PASS” or “FAIL” values for the a_Dir attribute, determined in Pass Inspection’s action logic, are tested in the Conditional routes leaving the decision.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Count: The number of times an entity has been through the Pass Inspection?.
- a_Dir: Routing direction or selection “PASS” moves to the right “FAIL” goes back through the loop.