When you would like to transfer the attributes from a child entity to a parent entity.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Misc \ Transfer Attributes from Child to Parent
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Transfer Attributes from Child to Parent and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect a percentage route from the part of your model where you attach and transfer attributes from child to parent entity, to Match Child.
- Connect a percentage route from Match Child to the rest of your model.
- Update Objects: Change the names of Match Child, and Queue Child Entity to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Define Values
- Change the example attribute (a_PassFail1) and variable (v_Txr_Cost1, v_Txr_VATime1, and v_Txr_PassFail1) to what is required in your model.
- If there are more than one attributes assigned to the child entity, add the corresponding variables to store the values of attributes.
- If you change/add attributes/variables for the child entity make sure that the values of attributes get stored in variables, see route between Queue Child Entity to Match Child.
- If you change/add attributes for the child entity, make sure that the values of attributes are incremented or set as -appropriate to the transfer variable. See Match Child.
Two types of attribute transfers are shown. The first type “adds” (Example: Inc Cost, v_Txr_Cost1) the value of the child attribute to the parent and is used for the cost and the value-added time transfer. This would allow the built-up of costs and value-added time for a complex assembly. The second type “transfers” the value of the child to the parent and is used pass quality (Example: a_PassFail1 = v_Txr_PassFail1) information from the child to the parent. Now that you have been given the pattern, existing variables can be changed and additional transfer variables can be added to support your modeling needs.
- Change the type of attach route:
- Attach to any entity — for general assembly.
- Attach to the entity that created it — for matching corresponding elements.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_PassFail1: Can be removed. Example quality attribute used to assign a quality value to child entities.
- v_Txr_Cost1: Can be removed. Temporary variable used to transfer the Cost of the child entity.
- v_Txr_VATime1: Can be removed. Temporary variable used to transfer the Value Added Time of the child entity.
- v_Txr_PassFail1: Can be removed. Temporary example variable used to transfer the quality information of the child entity.