When you need to control the specific number and sequence of each entity type to be processed at a single activity.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Specific Quantities in Sequence
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Specific Quantities in Sequence and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Using arrival routes, connect your entities source to each Bin.
- Using a percentage route, connect each Bin to your common activity where processing occurs.
If you need more entity types, just add additional storages containing a copy of the action logic used in one of the existing “Bin” storages, adding the appropriate variable names and scenario parameters for the additional entities. Make sure you have the last storage set the v_Item1_Count variable equal to 0 (in the last line of its action logic), thus releasing the first entity type and starting the processing cycle over.
- Define Values: Define the values for scenario parameters s_Item1_Max, s_Item1_Max, and s_Item3_Max based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below.
- Update Objects: Change the names of Bin1 – 3 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- v_Item1 – 3_Count: Number of Item1 – 3 entities sent to be processed.
- s_Item1 – 3_Max: The number of Item1 – 3 entities needed to complete a processing cycle