When you need to quickly map the resource level of any resource in a model. To optimize resource level to meet performance requirements. To see the effect of resource levels on key performance indicators, or to model many different shifts of the same type of resource with a single resource changing quantities each half hour.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Resources \ Single Resource Optimizer
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Single Resource Optimizer and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Define Values: Define the values for scenario parameters s_Name_Res1, s_Name_Res1, s_####Res1, and s_ReportsEveryHour based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided before the simulation start.
If you add the model object multiple times, for multiple resources then you need to update all the scenario parameters for other resources as well, like; s_Name_Res#, s_Name_Res#, and s_####Res#.
- Review Output Report
- Simulate the model.
- Open the Output Report for information on v_Needed_Res1 and v_Util_Res1 variable.
- Export the variable data by clicking the second Excel icon that will Export Variable Report to Excel.
- Choose the location where you would like the Excel file to be saved.
- Choose the variables you would like to export and click OK. Goto the location chosen at step 4.3.1 and open the Excel file. The reason for using Output Report for exporting variable data is that ir can export more than one million rows of data (Excel limitation), while Output Detailed Report can only export upto 16,382 rows.
- Open the Output Detailed Report, click the Generate a time series plot icon, add v_Needed_Res1 or v_Util_Res1 to Selected Values and then click OK.