When you need to pull items from a queue by priority and hold items in the queue until capacity of a group of activities is available.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Pull by Priority – Wait for Area Capacity
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Pull by Priority – Wait for Area Capacity and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Create a percentage route from the point in your model where you would like to pull entities by priority and connect it to Queue 1.
- Connect the percentage route coming from Queue 1 to the rest of your model.
- Move Objects: Move all blue objects to a notes layer on your model.
- Define Values
- Define the values for scenario parameter s_LoopDelay1 to change the amount of time between re-sequence of entities.
- Define the values for attribute a_Priority before the entity arrives at Queue 1.
- Update Objects: Change the name of Queue 1 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Review Model
- Sequencer1: This is a resource with the purpose of pulling then highest priority items to the front of the queue regardless of the capacity of the receiving activities.
- Capacity Controller1: This is a resource with the purpose of controlling the capacity of several activities.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_VATime: To reset the value added time when the entity leaves queue.
- a_Priority: Used to set the priority of entities.
- a_StartWait1: To know the time when the entity entered the queue.
- v_Gate1: The gate that trigger checks which way an entity should move.
- v_Waiting_Time1: The waiting time for all entities which enter Queue 1.
- s_LoopDelay1: The amount of time between re-sequence of entities in the queue.