When a Resource is only used for a fraction of the total time needed to complete processing of an Entity at an Activity, or when representing work that can’t be completed with one touch because of information or details missing. The resource is waiting on others to provide needed information.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Misc \ Long Process Time Short Resource Usage
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Long Process Time Short Resource Usage and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect a percentage route from the part of your model where you would like the resource to be touched to Activity1.
- Connect a percentage route from Activity1 to the rest of your model.
- Update Objects: Change the name of Activity1 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Define Values: Define the values for scenario parameters s_TotalTime1, s_WorkTime1, s_Touches1, s_Cap_Activity1, and s_Name_of_Your_Resource1 based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided before the simulation start.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- lv_Touches: Do not change. Describes how many times the entity will be touched by the resource before being completed. This can be described by a distribution.
- lv_TotalTime: Do not change. The total time the entity will stay at the activity. This can be described by a distribution.
- lv_WorkTime: Do not change. The work content or time the resource is needed to complete the entity. This can be described by a distribution.
- lv_LoopCount: Do not change. Tracks the number of Resource touches used on the entity.
- lv_IdleTime: Do not change. Time between Resource touches.
- lv_TouchTime: Do not change. The amount of time that a resource spends working each time the Entity is touched.
- s_TotalTime: User input required. Declare the total time needed to be spent by each entity, in minutes. This can be entered as a distribution.
- s_WorkTime: User input required. Declare the work time required by each entity, in minutes. This can be entered as a distribution.
- s_Touches: User input required. The number of times each entity is touched by the resource. This can be entered as a discrete distribution.
- s_Cap_Activity1: User input required. The number of entity allowed to be processing at this activity. This will be an integer.
- s_Name_of_Your_Resource1: User input required. The name of the resource used at this activity.