When you need to handle the complexity of nurses and staff monitoring multiple patients. To have different monitoring and recovery periods for the Room. To make certain that Room times are not dependent on nurse’s and staff meeting there required set of work.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Inpatient \ In Patient Multiple Monitoring – One Stage
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object In Patient Multiple Monitoring – One Stage and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Create a percentage route from Discharge to your models discharge or admission activity.
- Update Action Logic
- In the action logic of Transport To Room, change the values for a_Vitals_Period_Recovery, a_ChangeBedTime, a_MedicineTime, a_CleanRoomTime, and a_RecoveryRoom_Time) to your requirements, based on the information provided under the heading Attributes below.
- Change the name of the resources in action logic of Vitals Monitoring, Change Bed, Medicine, and Clean Room), if you change the resource name of the existing resources or add new resources.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Period_Remaining: Is used to calculate the time left, before the nurse/room attendant or other resource is requested for taking vitals.
- a_Patient: Is used to find the type of patient.
- a_Room_Time: Holds the value of time that is to be spent in the room by the patient.
- a_Vitals_Period_Recovery: Time to wait before vitals are checked.
- a_ChangeBedTime: Time to wait before bed is changed.
- a_MedicineTime: Time to wait before medicines are administered.
- a_CleanRoomTime: Time to wait before the room is cleaned.
- v_ID1: Used as a gate to stop the nurse from taking any more vitals at Activity (Recovery).