When the creating entity (parent) is not required to stay in the location until the created entities (children) have reach their destination. In the simulation, the order to create is issued, but may occur over minutes or ven hours. The parent leaves after the order is issued. This model object holds the parent until all children are safely “out of the house.”
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Hold Tote Until Contents Removed
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the model object Hold Tote Until Contents Removed and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect a percentage route from your model to Tote to Unload.
- Connect a percentage route from Load Grate to the rest of your model.
- Define Values
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_QtyInTote: Used to provide the quantity in tote.
- a_PartNumber: An example attribute.
- a_GrateTypeRequired: An example attribute.
- a_QtyPerGrate: An example attribute.
- a_LoadTimePerPart: An example attribute.
- a_GrateBatchSize: An example attribute.
- a_RemBatchQty: An example attribute.
- v_GrateLoad1: Used to make sure that contents are unloaded before tote is released.