When special logic is required during a downtime, and you need Cycle Triggered and Time Triggered downtimes and when setups occur when switching from one part type to another.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Downtime with Setup
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Downtime with Setup and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect a percentage route from your model to Process Station1.
- Create a percentage route from Process Station1 to the rest of your model.
- Define Values
- Define the values for scenario parameters s_MTTF_M1, s_MTTR_M1, s_Worker_Station1, s_TimeTrigger_1_is_onM1, s_CyclesTrigger_1_is_onM1, s_CyclesBeforeRepairM1, and s_CyclesRepairTimeM1 based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below.
- Define the values for attributes a_Name, a_Proces_Time1, and a_Setup_Time1 before any entity enters Process Station1.
- Update Objects: Change the name of Process Station1 to what maybe appropriate for your model.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Name: Name of entity, is used because the Graphic many not change but the part number requiring a setup may change.
- a_Proces_Time1: Run for the processing time assigned to an entity.
- a_Setup_Time1: Used to store and run the setup time.
- a_Time_In: Record the time when the entity starts processing.
- v_CountM1: Counter so that the a distribution in the action logic is re-evaluated.
- v_CyclesCntM1: Count the cycle number.
- v_MTTF_M1: Predicted time between failures.
- v_PreviousM1: Used to store the previous name of entity. Entity that was processed before.
- v_TTF_Run_TimeM1: Time for the machine to fail.
- s_MTTF_M1: The time between failures (this may be entered as a distribution).
- s_MTTR_M1: The time to repair (this may be entered as a distribution).
- s_Worker_Station1: Enter the resource name used to perform the downtime.
- s_TimeTrigger_1_is_onM1: If set to one, this allows special logic downtimes triggered by time usage of the machine.
- s_CyclesTrigger_1_is_onM1: If set to one, this allows special logic downtimes triggered by cycles.
- s_CyclesBeforeRepairM1: The number of cycles required before a maintenance occurs (this may be entered as a distribution).
- s_CyclesRepairTimeM1: The time for maintenance if a cycle-based downtime occurs (this may be entered as a distribution).