To create arrivals according to a pattern when given only daily summary information.
What you have, and what you need
|When you are given actual quantities on specific dates:
|AND you need the arrivals spread across the day
This model object takes actual daily arrivals summaries from past events and creates patterns of arrivals by hour of day. It can be used to recreate events from the past, so you could check the effect of changes OR use a multiplying factor to modify past disasters and change the amplitude to prepare for larger or smaller events.
The object allows Arrivals to be processed for several divisions, center or departments in the same stream of arrivals separated by an attribute. Entity names and graphics could be changed by using an attribute.
The user can define what pattern is used to spread entities across the hours of the day. These are predefined patterns AND the patterns are changeable.
This model object can be used multiple times in the same model by saving the Excel file as a new name, and then linking a separate object to that new file. This means different disasters can have completely different patterns of arrivals.
Where to Find the Model Object
The Model Object is available at the following location within Model Objects:
- Arrivals \ Disaster Arrivals Daily
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model
- Insert the Model Object in Your Model: Locate the appropriate location where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Use the Black Box as the Arrival: This means, when entities leave the black box, it is as if they are entering the model for the first time. Connect from the Black Box to the remainder of your model. The entity can be changed to any entity you choose. When changing the entity, don’t delete the arrival.
- Right Click the Excel Icon and Click the Third Option from the Bottom to Open the Excel File
Click Enable Content if prompted
- Enter the Start Time: This will be the time each day when arrives start to enter your model.
- Enter the Entity Name: Add the name of the entity connected target scheduled arrival. Make sure that the entity has a Scheduled arrival route and you have added a scheduled arrival.
- Select the Hour of Day: The hour of day provides you with 4 options;
- More in The Morning: This option will make sure that most of the entities arrive in the morning time with some during the later parts of the day.
- More in The Afternoon: This option will make sure that most of the entities arrive during the afternoon time with some during the morning.
- Specific Mail Drops: If you would like to provide certain times with percentages of entities to drop at those times select this option. Selecting this option will enable the Time/Percent column, enter the times and percentages as as required. Make sure that the percentage equals to 100.