This is used when a batch of parts needs to be treated as individual parts for a segment of the process and a batch at other times. A single number will define the quantity to be included in the batch and the batch size.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object will be used to create the individual parts of an order and subsequently group those parts in a single batch:
- Arrivals \ Creating Batch Arrivals.
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Create Connections: Create a route from the second black box to the rest of your model.
- Change Scheduled Arrivals: Change the scheduled arrivals on the arrivals route as per your needs.
Change the variable (a_Batch_Size) value for each arrival based on your needs.
- Completion: The Creating Batch Arrivals model object is now integrated into your model, you can now save and then simulate the model.