When Will You Need This?
When you need to pull an entity by priority declared and time it by its type.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Flow Control \ Pull by Priority – Timed by Type.
Ease of Use: Moderate
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Pull by Priority – Timed by Type and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Create a percentage route from the point in your model where you would like to pull entities by priority and connect it to Process.
2. Create a percentage route from Process to the rest of your model.
4. Define Values
1. Define the values for attributes a_Priority and a_EntType before the entity arrives at Process.
5. Update Objects
1. Change the name of Process to what maybe appropriate for your model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. a_Priority: Is used to define the priority of the entity, LOW = 1, MEDIUM = 2, HIGH = 3.
2. a_EntType: Is used to define the entity types.
1. v_ResourceCount1: Is being used as an incrementing variable after an entity goes through.