When Will You Need This?
When you need to stop the simulation after a predefined quantity exits the model. The measurement of time to reach a production quantity provides an excellent tool to determine the effectiveness of changes to the model.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Misc \ End Production After X Completions.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object End Production After X Completions and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect a percentage route from the last activity of your model to End Production.
If there are multiple exit activities that are to be counted then connect each to End Production.
4. Define Values
1. Define the values for scenario parameters p_Production_Qty based on the information provided under the heading Scenario Parameters below. The values for these Scenario Parameters must be provided before the simulation start.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_Count_Prod: Do not change. Counts the exits.
1. p_Production_Qty: User input required. Sets the quantity of exits at which the simulation will end and record statistics.