When Will You Need This?
When you need to change the priority of GET statements for resources ‘during’ simulation.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Priorities \ Dynamically Change Resource Priorities.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Dynamically Change Resource Priorities and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the open end of each resource connector to the activities where you want to get the resource.
If you have more than two activities where the resource is needed, simply create a new GET/FREE route from the resource to the activity, change the priority on the route to v_priority#, and the new variable to the variable list, where # will be the number of the route created from the resource.
4. Define Values
1. Goto the action logic tab of Set Priority and change resource priorities using rules appropriate for your specific model by changing the action logic. If you need multiple resources, each with their own set of rules to determine how their priorities change, you can use one of two methods:
1. Copy the Set Priority trigger (entity and activity) for each unique set of conditions and modify the action logic for each trigger activity.
2. Use a single trigger, but write additional action logic to include unique variable names for each resource’s priority rules.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_Priority#: Do not change. Priority value for the GET connected to Process#.