When Will You Need This?
When you need to change the capacity of a process multiple times during a simulation run.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Flow Control \ Dynamically Change Activity Capacity.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Dynamically Change Activity Capacity and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the percentage route arriving at Dynamic Capacity Activity to the part in your model where you need a dynamic capacity activity.
2. Connect the percentage route exiting the Dynamic Capacity Activity to the rest of your model.
4. Update Action Logic
1. Update the action logic at Trigger2 to when you need to change the activity capacity. You can set v_Capacity1 equal to any number value and change the timings.
The action logic currently changes the activity capacity to 2, 4, 6, 8 and then 10 every 1 hour and then starts over again.
You can either use the trigger or discard it, and use the action logic in Trigger2 activity in any area within your model.
Example for when the Trigger1 is removed and
the capacity is changed somewhere else in the model
2. Set the capacity of Dynamic Capacity Activity to the maximum you can allow using the trigger. The capacity is currently set at 15, if you need the trigger to change the capacity to more than 15, you will also need to change the capacity of Dynamic Capacity Activity to the maximum you allow in trigger. For example: If the maximum capacity you want to allow in Trigger2 is 20 then you must set the capacity of Dynamic Capacity Activity to 20 as well.
5. Update Objects
1. Change the time in Dynamic Capacity Activity to what maybe appropriate for your model.
2. Change the name of Dynamic Capacity Activity to what maybe appropriate for your model.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios Usage
1. v_Capacity1: The dynamic capacity of the activity.
2. v_Counter1: Counter to count the number of entities currently in the activity.