When Will You Need This?
When you need batches that are created by time of day rather than by a fixed size.
Access this model object by selecting: Batching \ All waiting entities at a specific time.
How This Model Object Works
Entities arriving at Batching Process InQ are counted and held at the storage until a Global Variable is changed. When a Batch Trigger arrives at Batch By Time Trigger Activity, the Global variable is changed allowing the entities held at Batching Process InQ to be released. The value of the counted entities is stamped on all waiting entities (using an attribute). The attribute value is used in the Batching Process as the batch quantity.
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect from your model to the storage Batching Process InQ.
2. Connect the Batching Process activity to the rest of your model.
3. Define the arrival time for the End of Cycle Trigger. The arrival times will trigger the batching process to start.
The model object is configured to batch all waiting entities at 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. You can use different times or types of arrivals to achieve the timing needed
The model object is now integrated into your model.
Attributes, Variables, Scenario Parameters and Scenarios usage
1. a_BatchSize: The size of the batch created.
1. v_Count1: The number of items waiting to be batched
2. v_Gate1: The number used to release items from the Wait Until statement in the Storage
Batching Time Varies
What if the batching does not take place at a specific time, but rather within a range of time? For example, because of human interactions, batching occurs between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM. Set the start time of the Daily Pattern arrival to 10:00 AM and the End Time to 11:00 AM with a Quantity of 1.
The batching will occur randomly between 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM.