When Will You Need This?
When you have entities that can go to several different processes depending on the process availability.
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory: Routings \ Alternate Routing Based on Process Availability.
Ease of Use: Easy
Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
1. Open Your Model
Open your model or create a new blank model.
2. Insert the Model Object into Your Model
1. Locate the model object Alternate Routing Based on Process Availability and select the insert button.
2. Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
3. Connect to Your Model
1. Connect the entry part of the percentage route going to Station 1 to the activity in your model from where the entities need to choose an activity based on availability.
2. Create a percentage route from each Station # to the rest of your model.
4. Update Objects
1. Change the processing times for all the Station #’s.
2. Change the names of Station #’s to match your organization.
You may delete any activities or add with addition alternate routes if desired.
The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.