When you need to define all resource shifts from a single page.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Setup \ Shift Scheduler
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open your model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into your model: Locate the model object Shift Scheduler and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Update objects: Add resources to your model as required.
- Open the Excel file: Right click on the Shift Scheduler Input Sheet calendar icon and click on the third option from the bottom to open the Shift Scheduler Input Sheet vx-x Excel file, where x-x represents the version number of the Excel file.Before using this Excel file for the first time, or after changing your model name, make sure that a manual export of data is done via ProcessModel. From your model, click Tools \ Export Data, click ‘Yes’ to all prompts until the data export file opens, close the data file and then use this Excel file.
Click Enable Content if prompted
- Setup the Excel file:
- Once the Shift Scheduler Input Sheet vx-x Excel file opens click the 1. Setup Workbook button. This will instruct the Excel file to ping ProcessModel and fetch the name of all resources from the active model.
- Define each resources shifts, working days, lunch breaks and cost.
- Click 2. Update Shifts to create / update shift files for the resources.
Note: This component is made to handle shifts defined within a single day.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.