When a resource is needed to work on a machine that is down.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Utilization \ Resource Used for Downtime.
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Resource Used for Downtime and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect your models incoming route to the Machine_1__Run_Unattended activity.
- Connect the exit route of the Machine_1__Run_Unattended activity to your model.
- Define Values
- Set the value for scenario parameter s_MTTF_M1 to establish the time between failures.Setting s_MTTF_M1 to a triangular distribution of 60, 180 or 240 minutes
- Set the value for scenario parameter s_MTTR_M1 to establish the time to repair failures.Setting s_MTTR_M1 to a triangular distribution of 10, 15 or 20 minutes
- Set the value for scenario parameter s_RepairRes1 to the resource name that will work on the failure.Setting the value for s_RepairRes1 to Worker1
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Time_In Records: The time when an entity starts processing. This attribute is used when to calculate the total run time of a machine.
- v_TTF_Run_Time: Track the machine run time. Is reset when the machine is repaired.
- s_MTTF_M1: Establishes the time between failures of this machine. In minutes.
- s_MTTR_M1: Establishes the time to repair of this machine. In minutes.
- s_RepairRes1: Resource name that will work on the failure.