When you need to estimate the length of stay remaining, for entities that are preloaded.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Time \ Remaining Length of Stay Estimator
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open your model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the model object Remaining Length of Stay Estimator and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Update objects
- Copy the logic from the action logic of the Ward 1.
- Use this logic to replace the term a_Next_Time in the action logic of the “ward” in your model.
- For each “ward” a new variable needs to be added, v_LocTime2, v_LocTime3, etc.
- Replace the v_LocTime1, in the ward, with the newly created variable.
Note: At the start of the model: 1. How many entities will be in a “ward” are of the hospital? 2. How much remaining LOS with a patient have. Both of the items above are needed to accurately predict the behavior of the system.
- Review model:
- Run the model for an extended period. Several years so that a sufficient sample is collected.
- From the output report, export the variable data for v_LocTime# to Excel, and then open the Excel file from the location it was saved in.
- Remove the first 2 months of data (Use the appropriate time for your the ward).
- Analyze the Excel export to determine the “census” and “remaining LOS”
- Use Stat::Fit to create a distribution for be beginning census and remaining LOS.
- Copy the “values” left in the Excel file.
- Goto ProcessModel, open Stat::Fit (Tools \ Stat::Fit) and paste the copied data.