When you need to randomly select from a group of activities, but ensure that all activities are performed before moving on.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Random Selection of 4 Required Activities
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Random Selection of 4 Required Activities and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect the route arriving into the Waiting Room activity to your source of incoming entities.
- Connect the Yes route to your downstream location.
- Adjust each activity time as appropriate for your process.
- Change the Wait Until statement located in the first route to match the maximum number of patients you want to allow into the group of activities at one time.Currently set to process less than four entities at a time.
- If you change the number of activities, ensure you alter the action logic in the Route to Preliminary Activities activity to reflect that change. Also note the action logic in the routes leaving each activity.
The action logic in this model object is designed specifically for 4 activities. However, you may change the number of activities used as long as you make the appropriate changes to the action logic in the “Route to Preliminary Activities” activity and in the routes exiting each activity.Adding action logic to add the fourth activity.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Did1-4: Activity A, B, C or D has been performed.
- a_InA-D: Number of patients in Activity A, B, C or D.
- a_CheckRoute: Route to check for availability.
- a_Ready: Flag to exit the While…Do loop, 0 means don’t exit, 1 means exit.
- v_InProcess: The number of patients currently in the model object.