When you only want to allow 1 entity at a time into a section of your model. This model object will limit the number of entries allowed in a given section of your model to 1.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control \ Only 1 Entity at a Time
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- 1. Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Only 1 Entity at a Time and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect the first route to the locations where you want to setup the initial gate.
- Connect the second route to the locations representing the end of the controlled section.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- v_Gate1: A value of 0 means there are no entities in the section. A value of 1 means there is 1 entity in the section.
Limit X Number of Entities for a Section
- Click on the first route and goto action logic.
- Change the wait until logic from 1 to the number desired. Example: If you need 2 entities to enter the section at a time, change to 2.Replace 1 to the number desired