When you need to pull first the entities that have spent the longest time in the system.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Flow Control\ Oldest Waiting Processed First
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model
- Locate the model object Oldest Waiting Processed First and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Connect to Your Model
- Connect the incoming route from your model, at the point where you need to process entities with the longest time first, to Work Activity2 InQ.
- Connect the outgoing route from Work Activity 2 to the rest of your model.
- Update Your Model
- Entities automatically line up so that first to arrive are the first to process. Priorities allow items that have taken longer paths (taken longer time) to be processed ahead of items taking shorter paths (shorter times).
- The attribute a_Age increments each time an entity routes to a longer path. The Worker selects work based in the highest value of a_Age.
- Some paths may take longer to complete. For long paths, the value of a_Age could be incremented by more than one. For example: Inc a_Age,2 //Increments a_Age by 2
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- a_Age: Used to determine entity priority. It increments each time an entity routes to a longer path.