If your truck must leave for delivery when either the truck is full, or the maximum wait time has been reached.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Batching \ Load Truck With Varying Load Sizes.
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Connect to Your Model:
- Connect your source of entities to the Staging storage.
- Connect the route leaving Unload Truck activity to your model where you want the unloaded entities to go.
- Define Values: Edit the scenario parameters to meet your requirement for load size and wait time (s_Max_Load & s_Max_Wait).
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- v_Batch_Size: varying batch size (truck’s load size).
- v_Count: the number of Items in the truck.
- v_Minute_Count: number of minutes the truck has been waiting.
- v_Truck_Available: flag to show when truck can be loaded, 0 = not available.
- v_Truck_Loaded: loaded status, 1 = truck is loaded.
- v_Waiting: number of Items waiting to be loaded.
- s_Max_Load: the largest number of Items the truck can hold.
- s_Max_Wait: the longest number of minutes the truck can wait before leaving for delivery.