When you need to create a method of controlling a intermittent/variable assembly system or to establish a procedure of importing arrivals from Excel for the variable assembly model object.
This model object is specifically designed to be used with the variable assembly model object.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object will be used to create import variable assembly arrivals to import data into ProcessModel:
- Arrivals \ Import Variable Assembly Arrivals
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
Order of building the intermittent assembly model:
- Build the main assembly line, inserting the Variable Assembly model object for each subassembly to be joined.
- Build the subassembly lines and arrivals.
- Open Your Model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into Your Model: Locate the appropriate location in your model where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Connect to Your Model: Connect the black activity to production line.
- Open the Excel File: Right click on the Scheduled Arrivals Variable Assembly Sheet Excel icon and click on the third option from the bottom to open the Scheduled Arrivals Variable Assembly vx-x Excel file, where x-x represents the version number of the Excel file.
Before using this Excel file for the first time, or after changing your model name, make sure that a manual export of data is done via ProcessModel. From your model, click Tools \ Export Data, click ‘Yes’ to all prompts until the data export file opens, close the data file and then use this Excel file.
Click Enable Content if prompted
- Setup the Excel File: Once the Scheduled Arrivals Variable Assembly vx-x Excel file opens click the 1. Setup button. This will instruct the Excel file to ping ProcessModel and fetch the name of all entities that have a Scheduled arrival from the active model and create new tabs for each entity. In our case we only have one entity called Part.
If you have multiple entities with a Scheduled route and only want to update one or more of the entities schedule you can delete the tabs of other entities. Make sure that you keep the tab with the buttons, change the name of the tab to reflect the name of another entity if the current entity name on the tab with buttons is not what you want to update, make sure that you keep the naming format: Ent (Entity-Name).
- Enter Raw Data:
- Copy your attribute names into the Excel file, from cell C7 onwards. Sample data is included.
- Copy your raw data into the Excel file, from cell A7 onwards. Make sure that you add all the attributes needed in your model and provide relevant values for them. Sample data is included.
Have UK dates and time? Use the UK Dates Converter
The attribute names must match to what you have in ProcessModel