To create arrivals according to a pattern when given only weekly summary information.
What you have, and what you need
|When you are given actual quantities per week:
|AND you need the arrivals spread across the days of the week and the hours of the day
This model object takes actual weekly arrivals summaries for past events and creates patterns of arrivals by day of week and hour of day. The object allows Arrivals to be processed for several divisions, center or departments in the same stream of arrivals separated by an attribute. Entity names and graphics are changed by using an attribute.
The user has control of how arrivals are distributed across the week by a simple spreadsheet interface. The user can define what pattern is used to spread entities across the hours of the day. These are predefined patterns AND can be changed by the user. A simple multiplying factor allows the user to copy data from past disasters and modify the amplitude to prepare for larger or smaller events.
This model object can be used multiple times in the same model by saving the Excel file as a new name, and then linking a separate object to that new file. This means different disasters can have completely different patterns of arrivals.
Where to Find the Model Object
The Model Object is available at the following location within Model Objects:
- Arrivals \ Disaster Arrivals Weekly.
- Ease of Use: Moderate
- Ease of Modification: Moderate
How to Use the Model Object
- Open Your Model
- Insert the Model Object in Your Model: Locate the appropriate location where you would like to place the model object, move the view to the location and then insert the model object.
- Use the Black Box as the Arrival: This means, when entities leave the black box, it is as if they are entering the model for the first time. Connect from the Black Box to the remainder of your model. The entity can be changed to any entity you choose. When changing the entity, don’t delete the arrival.
- Right click the Excel icon and click the third option from the bottom to open the Excel file
Click Enable Content if prompted