When a variable is needed that will track how many hours are left in the day for other calculations.
Where to Find the Model Object
The following model object can be found in the model objects directory:
- Time \ Decimal Hours Left in Day.
- Ease of Use: Easy
- Ease of Modification: Easy
How to Use the Model Object
- Open your model: Open your model or create a new blank model.
- Insert the Model Object into your model: Locate the model object Decimal Hours Left in Day and select the insert button.
- Move the cursor to the point of insertion and left mouse-click. The upper left corner of the model object will be inserted at the location of the mouse-click.
- Update objects
- Move all elements of the model object to another appropriate layer. This is not part of the process and will usually be hidden.
- Write the logic needed using the variable v_TimeLeftDay.
Note: This model object is used to track how many hours are left in the day. It is efficient and is accurate to 1 tenth of an hour (6 minutes). It will usually be placed in a hidden layer of the model.
- Completion: The model object is now integrated into your model, you should now be able to save and then simulate the model.
- v_TimeLeftDay: Do not change. Tracks the time left in the day in tenths of an hour.